We have no PhD positions available in the group at the moment. If you are interested in working with us, please get in touch, as there may still be opportunities for scholarships (see below).
We are part of E4 Doctoral Training Partnership and SOFI Centre for Doctoral Training, please see their pages for the information on the applications and deadlines – some positions may become available through the year.
If you are interested in applying for a PhD scholarship, please email Valentina describing your research interests and attaching your CV.
For outstanding students of any nationality, the School of Chemistry offers a highly competitive Prize Scholarship.
A highly competitive Carnegie Trust Scholarship to retain students (of any nationality) that are on track for the First Class Honours degree from a Scottish university.
Scholarships for International Students available for citizens/residents of a specific country:
- China Scholarships Council / University of Edinburgh Scholarships
- Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Commonwealth Scholarships (British Commonwealth citizens)
- Fullbright Postgraduate Studentships (US)
- Doc.Mobility (Switzerland)
- Education Global (Russia)
- Japan-Scotland Scholarship
- la Caixa (Spain)
- British Council Scholarships
- British Chevening Scholarships (not US and EU citizens)
- Newton Fund PhD Call (Philippines)
Please also use the University of Edinburgh Scholarship Search
If you are interested in applying for a postdoctoral fellowship to work in the group, please contact Valentina with a brief description of your research interests and your CV.
- Newton International Fellowship
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- Ramsay Memorial Fellowship
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowships
- Rutherford International Fellowship
- Branco Weiss Fellowship
- Leverhulme Fellowships
- NERC Research Fellowships
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- David Clarke Fellowships
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowship
- AXA fellowships
Applicant country-specific International Fellowships to carry out postdoctoral work in the UK:
- Fullbright Scholar Award (US citizens)
- Early Postdoc.Mobility or Postdoc.Mobility Fellowships (Swiss citizens or researchers with a PhD from Switzerland)
- Croucher (Hong Kong)
- Rubicon (Netherlands)
- Säätiöiden post doc -pooli (Finland)
- Schlumberger Foundation (Women in STEM from developing countries)
We are happy to host a small number of undergraduate internships over summer. If you are interested, please get in touch!
There is a very small number of funding sources for the vacation internships:
- Internal to the School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh – Chemistry Undergraduate Vacation Internships, sponsored by Afton Chemical. For chemistry students in their 3rd year, deadline early 2nd semester.
- Internal to the University of Edinburgh College Vacation Scholarship (MyEd login), deadline 1st of March 2020.
- E4 DTP Research Experience Placements by NERC, for students to work in groups at a different department from their undergraduate degree, deadline 29th of April 2020.
- EPSRC Undergraduate Vacation Internships (more info via MyEd login), deadline 20th of March 2020.
- Royal Society of Chemistry undergraduate bursary, deadline 24th February 2020.
- Carnegie Trust vacation scholarships, deadline 31st January 2020.
Travel bursaries – Edinburgh’s resources for the travel funding.
Further internal resources for the University of Edinburgh (via MyEd login).
Please also use the University of Edinburgh Scholarship Search.