2 x PhD positions (click on the titles for further details):
Deadline: 7th January 2021, 12 noon
To apply follow the link www.ed.ac.uk/e4-dtp/how-to-apply
Funding & Eligibility: The studentship is fully-funded for 42 month, incl. home/international fees, research costs and UKRI stipend (currently at £15,285 per annum), and is part of the E4 Doctoral Training Partnership. For further details see Entry & Eligibility Criteria.
If you are interested in applying for a PhD scholarship, please email Valentina describing your research interests and attaching your CV.
For outstanding students of any nationality, the School of Chemistry offers a highly competitive Prize Scholarship.
A highly competitive Carnegie Trust Scholarship to retain students (of any nationality) that are on track for the First Class Honours degree from a Scottish university.
Scholarships for International Students available for citizens/residents of a specific country:
- China Scholarships Council / University of Edinburgh Scholarships
- Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Commonwealth Scholarships (British Commonwealth citizens)
- Fullbright Postgraduate Studentships (US)
- Doc.Mobility (Switzerland)
- Education Global (Russia)
- Japan-Scotland Scholarship
- la Caixa (Spain)
- British Council Scholarships
- British Chevening Scholarships (not US and EU citizens)
- Newton Fund PhD Call (Philippines)
Please also use the University of Edinburgh Scholarship Search
If you are interested in applying for a postdoctoral fellowship to work in the group, please contact Valentina with a brief description of your research interests and your CV.
- Newton International Fellowship
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- Ramsay Memorial Fellowship
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowships
- Rutherford International Fellowship
- Branco Weiss Fellowship
- Leverhulme Fellowships
- NERC Research Fellowships
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- David Clarke Fellowships
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowship
- AXA fellowships
Applicant country-specific International Fellowships to carry out postdoctoral work in the UK:
- Fullbright Scholar Award (US citizens)
- Early Postdoc.Mobility or Postdoc.Mobility Fellowships (Swiss citizens or researchers with a PhD from Switzerland)
- Croucher (Hong Kong)
- Rubicon (Netherlands)
- Säätiöiden post doc -pooli (Finland)
- Schlumberger Foundation (Women in STEM from developing countries)
We are happy to host a small number of undergraduate internships over summer. If you are interested, please get in touch!
There is a very small number of funding sources for the vacation internships:
- Internal to the School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh – Chemistry Undergraduate Vacation Internships, sponsored by Afton Chemical. For chemistry students in their 3rd year, deadline early 2nd semester.
- Internal to the University of Edinburgh College Vacation Scholarship (MyEd login), deadline 1st of March 2020.
- E4 DTP Research Experience Placements by NERC, for students to work in groups at a different department from their undergraduate degree, deadline 29th of April 2020.
- EPSRC Undergraduate Vacation Internships (more info via MyEd login), deadline 20th of March 2020.
- Royal Society of Chemistry undergraduate bursary, deadline 24th February 2020.
- Carnegie Trust vacation scholarships, deadline 31st January 2020.
Travel bursaries – Edinburgh’s resources for the travel funding.
Further internal resources for the University of Edinburgh (via MyEd login).
Please also use the University of Edinburgh Scholarship Search.